If you love kids, there’s no better way to spend your summer than working as a Gan Izzy Highland Park counselor! Each year, our select team of staff from throughout the tri-state area works together toward one common purpose—to help EVERY camper grow!
We would love for you to apply to join our counselor team if you…
- LOVE KIDS! (this is of supreme importance!)
- Possess excellent character, integrity and adaptability
- Exhibit enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience and self-control
- Accept supervision and guidance
What You Will Do:
- You’ll take primary responsibility for the health, well-being, and happiness of your campers.
- You’ll learn the likes & dislikes of each.
- You’ll recognize and respond to opportunities for problem-solving in your bunk.
- You’ll provide opportunities for each child in your bunk to experience success.
- You’ll give your campers time to discuss individual and bunk problems.
- You’ll set a good example for campers in all things, including cleanliness, punctuality, clean-up, sportsmanship, and table manners.
- You’ll encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
What You Get:
- Leadership: Everything you say, everything you do, the clothes you wear, the music you listen to, and your attitude during a blistering afternoon; will be imitated by 11 campers. Are you ready for this kind of responsibility?
- MULTI-TASKING: Sarah just threw up, Rachel and Hannah are pulling each others hair, Daniella’s at your side crying because she lost her towel, and it’s time to lead your bunk to carpool. Oh, by the way, your co-counselor is out sick...
THE VALUE OF A PAYCHECK
Now it’s certainly not the best reason to work as a summer camp counselor, but salary IS important.
COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM ONLINE:
We are delighted that you are about to take an important step toward becoming a counselor at Camp Gan Israel Highland Park this summer. Working with children is a great and exciting challenge that we embrace with excitement and commitment. We love to join with people that share our beliefs!
Before you start the application, I would like to share these thoughts with you:
The application will take some time. As you can tell from reading our expectations, we are committed to creating an exceptional staff. This application helps us determine if we are a good match for you and you for us.
We create an army of the willing that is completely focused on our mission “to help every camper grow into the person G-d intends him or her to be.”
If our mission and this sense of commitment get you excited, then take the next step and start the application. We are looking for leaders. We are looking for amazing counselors. Are you ready to join us?