A tradition of excellence since 1987, fantastic activities, and best-trained counselors are a few of the reasons that Camp Gan Israel Highland Park is consistently ranked among the top camps in the country, but what really sets our camp apart is the intentional community we create year after year.
We create a loving community in which every camper can flourish. Whether they realize it or not, we push every camper to grow in character skills like independence and confidence while they are at camp. And because there is an important niche in our community for every camper to fill, we are consistently told that our campers are free to discover “the best versions of themselves.” We strive to encourage campers to participate, to try their best, express themselves, make new friends, and to be proud of their Jewish identity.
We are as committed to children and their growth as any institution or program out there, and our community is the primary way we support campers in this goal. Of course, we wouldn’t be able to create such a community if we didn’t have such a blast every day at camp!
The relationships that our campers form with their counselors provide the foundation for the Camp Gan experience for which we are known. We focus on creating a nurturing and supportive environment where every child feels a sense of belonging.
- We strive to encourage campers to participate, to try their best, express themselves, make new friends, and to be proud of their Jewish identity.
- Our belief is that strong morals and values enrich children’s lives.
- Our counselors model it-our campers live it!
- Camp Gan Israel Highland Park is the ideal size day camp for children.
- Our swim program offers small group instruction and individualized attention for each child.
- Arts and athletics programs are designed with children in mind, they are age appropriate and allow for high quality instruction.